trick outphrasal verb
tricked out; tricking out; tricks out
Definition of trick out
1 : to dress (someone or oneself) in an unusual way —usually + in She was tricked out in a horrible, brightly colored costume.
2 : to decorate (something) —usually + with The room was tricked out with ribbons and streamers.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game