tri·ap·sal | \ (ˈ)trī¦apsəl\
variants: or less commonly triapsidal \ -sədᵊl \
Definition of triapsal
: having three apses —used of a building the apses in a triapsal church may be side by side at the east end or they may be projected from a central tower
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game