Definition of tremendously
: to a great or tremendous extent : extremely a tremendously important decision a tremendously impressive performance It was tremendously depressing for me to work there, and it happened that I was not enjoying going to work, so I requested a transfer.— Sydney Lewis In between is the real movie: the kinetic beauty of parkour, captured in tremendously enjoyable high-speed sequences that, once again, draw energy from the photogenic beauty of everyday New York City landscapes.— Lisa Schwarzbaum
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game