to the point ofidiom
Definition of to the point of
: to a particular state The animals were hunted to the point of extinction. He pushed her to the point of hysterics. He's concerned about money to the point of obsession.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game