to the point ofidiom
Definition of to the point of
: to a particular state The animals were hunted to the point of extinction. He pushed her to the point of hysterics. He's concerned about money to the point of obsession.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game