to the coreidiom
Definition of to the core
: in a very complete or extreme way —used for emphasis He is patriotic to the core.Her family is English to the core.He's rotten to the core.They were shaken to the core.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game