to a greater/lesser degree/extentidiom
Definition of to a greater/lesser degree/extent
—used to describe the effect or importance of something in relation to something else This new tax affects the middle class and, to a lesser extent/degree, the rich.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?