thy·rid·i·um | \ -dēəm\
plural thyridia\ -ēə \
Definition of thyridium
1 : a pale spot in the wing vein of some insects especially of the orders Hymenoptera and Trichoptera
2 : one of a pair of oval pits on the second abdominal tergite of some hymenopterans
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?