Definition of three-square
(Entry 1 of 2)
: having an equilateral triangular cross section —used especially of a file
Definition of three-square (Entry 2 of 2)
1 or less commonly three-square rush [ so called from the triangular stems ] : any of various rushes of the genus Scirpus especially : chairmaker's rush
2 : a three-square file
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game