Definition of three turn
: a figure-skating move that is made by pivoting on one foot and that leaves a curved tracing on the ice which has a point in it like the point in the middle of the numeral 3
Note: The skater shifts from moving forward to backward or vice versa and from skating on the inside edge to the outside edge of the blade or vice versa when pivoting to make a three turn.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game