Definition of three turn
: a figure-skating move that is made by pivoting on one foot and that leaves a curved tracing on the ice which has a point in it like the point in the middle of the numeral 3
Note: The skater shifts from moving forward to backward or vice versa and from skating on the inside edge to the outside edge of the blade or vice versa when pivoting to make a three turn.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game