this is itidiom
Definition of this is it
—used to say that a very important thing is about to be done, a very important event is about to happen, etc. This is it, men. Let's take home the championship!As the car skidded out of control, I thought, "This is it. I'm going to die."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game