thio·diglycol | \ ¦thīō+\
Definition of thiodiglycol
: a hygroscopic liquid glycol (HOCH2CH2)2S that is made from ethylene oxide and hydrogen sulfide, that yields mustard gas on reaction with hydrochloric acid, and that is used as a solvent especially for dyes; bis-(2-hydroxyethyl sulfide)
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game