the short termnoun
Definition of the short term
: a short period of time at the beginning of something It will meet our needs, at least for the short term. His plan has advantages over the short term. —usually used in the phrase in the short term It won't make any difference in the short term.These changes may improve profits in the short term, but they are going to cost us money in the long term.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game