the short runnoun
Definition of the short run
: a short period of time at the beginning of something One plan had advantages over the short run. —usually used in the phrase in the short run It won't make any difference in the short run.These changes may improve profits in the short run, but they are going to cost us money in the long run.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game