the short runnoun
Definition of the short run
: a short period of time at the beginning of something One plan had advantages over the short run. —usually used in the phrase in the short run It won't make any difference in the short run.These changes may improve profits in the short run, but they are going to cost us money in the long run.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game