the real dealnoun
Definition of the real deal
: something or someone that is real or genuine : a thing or person that is not a copy or imitation These diamonds aren't fake. They're the real deal. That guy looked so much like Elvis, I almost thought he was the real deal.
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game