the real dealnoun
Definition of the real deal
: something or someone that is real or genuine : a thing or person that is not a copy or imitation These diamonds aren't fake. They're the real deal. That guy looked so much like Elvis, I almost thought he was the real deal.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game