the picture ofidiom
Definition of the picture of
1 : someone or something that looks exactly like (someone or something else) He is the picture of his father.
2 : a perfect example of (something) She is the picture of health.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game