Definition of the loop
: a group of people who know about or have influence or control over something She wants to stay in the loop as these changes are being considered. He claims that he was kept out of the loop when the decision to sell the company was being made.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game