Definition of the loop
: a group of people who know about or have influence or control over something She wants to stay in the loop as these changes are being considered. He claims that he was kept out of the loop when the decision to sell the company was being made.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game