the furthest thing from someone's mindidiom
Definition of the furthest thing from someone's mind
: something that never occurred to someone The idea that we might lose was the furthest thing from my mind. He says that retiring is the furthest thing from his mind.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game