Definition of the future
1 : the events that will happen after the present time It's impossible to predict the future.
2 grammar : a verb tense that is used to refer to the future : future tense
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game