Definition of the Resurrection
1 : the event told about in the Bible in which Jesus Christ returned to life after his death
2 or the resurrection : the event told about in the Bible in which dead people will be brought back to life before the day of final judgment
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?