the Industrial Revolutionnoun
Definition of the Industrial Revolution
: the major social and economic changes that occurred in Britain, Europe, and the U.S. in the late 18th and early 19th centuries when new machinery, new sources of power, and new ways of manufacturing products were developed
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?