Definition of tanorexic
- According to psychologists familiar with this phenomenon, the typical tanorexic is a young woman. In general, she seldom if ever feels she is tan enough.
- —Robert Brody, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 23 June 1991
- Tanorexics, it is now well known, are excellent candidates for skin cancer.
- —Scott Harris, Springfield (Massachusetts) Union-News, 31 Aug. 1989
- Advocates are using the headline-grabbing case of the tanorexic New Jersey mom to push the New York state Senate for approval of a bill banning anyone under 18 from using tanning beds.
- —Kenneth Lovett, Daily News (New York), 11 May 2012
- She thinks that being slightly tanorexic is about being trendy and beautiful, right here, right now.
- —Elyssa Andrus, The Arizona Daily Star (Tucson), 24 June 2002