Definition of tanorexia
: a compulsive need or desire to have and maintain a very dark tan beyond what is typically considered normal … tanning becomes a compulsion similar to behavior associated with eating disorders such as anorexia—giving rise to the non-clinical designation of tanorexia. — Morgan True, Telegram & Gazette (Worcester, Massachusetts), 3 Aug. 2012
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game