take a flieridiom
Definition of take a flier
: to do something that could have either good or bad results : to gamble on something risky He took a flier in politics soon after getting his degree. —often + on Investors have been unwilling to take a flier on such a small and unproven company.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game