take a flying leapidiom
Definition of take a flying leap
US, informal + impolite
—used to tell someone who is being irritating or annoying to go away She told the guy in the bar to (go) take a flying leap.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game