Definition of swingback
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : a pivoting back for some cameras that allows the film or plateholder to be tilted for correcting or distorting the perspective in a photograph or for shifting the focal plane so as to bring oblique objects into focus
2 : swayback of lambs
Definition of swingback (Entry 2 of 2)
: a movement of reaction (such as a return to favor or influence of a political party)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?