swing at (someone or something)idiom
Definition of swing at (someone or something)
: to try to hit (someone or something) by moving something She swung her purse at me. She swung at the ball but missed. He made a fist and swung at me for no reason.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game