su·per·seniority | \ ¦süpə(r)+\
Definition of superseniority
: seniority unrelated to length of actual service especially : additional service sometimes credited to a union official or veteran or granted temporarily to insure a union official being employed while holding office
— called also synthetic seniority
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game