Definition of superintellectual
1 : extremely intellectual … efforts to change the school's image from superintellectual to smart but fun.— Jacob Weisberg Simon was the superintellectual type whose immense stores of esoteric knowledge baffled Henry.— Carrie Alexander
2 : existing beyond or transcending intellect Religion is a superintellectual certainty of the presence of God in the affairs of man, in the affairs of His Universe.— Jacob H. Kaplan
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game