Definition of superintelligence
1 : an entity that surpasses humans in overall intelligence or in some particular measure of intelligence A speed superintelligence could do everything a human mind could do, but much faster.— Nick Bostrom also : the intelligence displayed by such an entity the development of machine superintelligence
2 : an extremely or extraordinarily high degree of intelligence displayed superintelligence in mathematics … the first of a planned trilogy about teens whose empathic abilities give them an emotional superintelligence.— Terry Hong
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game