Definition of superaddition
: the act or process of superadding something … he saw that it was a long quadrangular structure of brick … with the ornamental superaddition of an octagonal tower …— Joseph Holt Ingraham There may be certain states existing which are highly favourable to the propagation of disease, yet until the superaddition of some other element entering into the causation, the specific poison might not come into full operation …— John Richard Wardell
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game