su·per·acid | \ ¦süpə(r)+\
Definition of superacid
1 : excessively acid superacid solutions of perchloric acid in acetic acid
2 : having a pH value of 3.5–4.0 —used of a highly acid soil (such as bog peat)
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game