subscribe tophrasal verb
subscribed to; subscribing to; subscribes to
Definition of subscribe to
1 : to pay money to get (a publication or service) regularly I subscribe to several newspapers/magazines.
2 British : to belong to or support (something, such as an organization) by paying money regularly subscribe to a charity
3 : to agree with or support (an opinion, theory, etc.) I subscribe to the idea that voting is my civic duty. She subscribes to the theory that some dinosaurs were warm-blooded and others were cold-blooded.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?