variants: or sub-panel
plural subpanels or sub-panels
Definition of subpanel
: a panel that is part of a larger panel: such as
a : a group of persons selected from the members of a panel to perform a specific task appointed two advisory subpanels a subpanel report
b : a thin, usually rectangular piece of material (such as wood) that is part of a larger surface … arranges crosshatching across three panels of differently treated canvas.… each of the three panels is subdivided into three more vertical sections wherein the first subpanel of each main panel reproduces the final subpanel of the preceding one …— Linda Ben-Zvi and Angela Moorjani … developed a standardized wall assembly using a variable, hexagonal tiling scheme. Beginning with a subpanel of six tiles, the architects modified the hexagonal geometries at their intersections at the center of the panel, while stabilizing the overall shape at the panel's edges.— Ben Pell
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game