variants: or sub-file
plural subfiles or sub-files
Definition of subfile
: a file (such as a computer file) that is part of a larger file or derived from parts of larger files You simply search through existing files for all the records matching a particular set of criteria and designate those records as a subfile.— Robert Moskowitz
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?