Definition of strongly
- moving strongly and quickly forward
- She feels strongly about this issue.
- They were strongly inclined to doubt him.
- a dish that tastes strongly of cumin
- a memory that is strongly associated with a particular song
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'strongly.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
before 12th century
What made you want to look up strongly? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).
Merriam-Webster's New Words Quiz—Fall 2017 Edition!
Test your knowledge - and maybe learn something along the way.TAKE THE QUIZ
Test Your Knowledge - and learn some interesting things along the way.TAKE THE QUIZ