stro·ga·noff | \ ˈstrȯgəˌnȯf\
Definition of stroganoff
: sliced thin and cooked in a sauce of consommé, sour cream, mustard, onion, and condiments —used postpositively beef stroganoffchicken stroganoff
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game