strung together; stringing together; strings together
Definition of string together
: to combine (different things) into something that is complete, useful, etc. See if you can string the theories together into something that makes sense. The filmmaker strung together interviews with a number of experts on the subject. : to create (something) by putting different things together She was finding it hard to string together a coherent argument.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game