stick tophrasal verb
stuck to; sticking to; sticks to
Definition of stick to
1 : to continue doing or using (something) especially when it is difficult to do so She stuck to her story about the money already being missing when she got there. Please stick to the script/subject/rules. Stick to the marked trails. If you want to succeed, you've got to stick to it and not give up.
2 : to not change (a decision, belief, etc.) I intend to stick to my promise/word. She's sticking to her decision to retire.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game