stick to beat (someone) withidiom
Definition of stick to beat (someone) with
: something that is used to attack or punish (someone) or to make an attack or punishment seem reasonable or right These charges have given her opponents a new stick to beat her with.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game