stay onphrasal verb
Definition of stay on
1 : to continue to work at a job She thought about retiring, but she finally decided to stay on for a few more years. After she graduated, she stayed on at the college, working in the alumnae office.
2 : to continue taking (a medication, drug, etc.) I have to stay on the antibiotics for a full two weeks.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game