Definition of cardon
(Entry 1 of 2)
variant of cardoon
car·don | \ ˈkärˌdän\
Definition of cardon (Entry 2 of 2)
1 or less commonly cardona \ kärˈdōnə \ : any of several large columnar cacti especially of the genus Cereus that have a woody skeleton sometimes used for lumber (as in furniture making), may attain a height of 60 feet, and often form forestlike stands from Lower California to Chile and in Venezuela
2 : any of several cactuslike plants of the genus Euphorbia of Central America and the West Indies
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?