stay offphrasal verb
Definition of stay off
1 : to avoid (something) Let's stay off the subject of politics. She's doing a good job of staying off drugs.
2 : to not go on (something) Please stay off the grass.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game