stare outphrasal verb
stared out; staring out; stares out
Definition of stare out
: to look directly into a person's eyes without fear until he or she becomes uncomfortable and looks away —often used figuratively They had stared out danger more than once.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game