: a performance, role, or appearance (as in a movie or television show) that is done by a star or well-known personality
- … we might see a Best Actress nod for Jane Horrock's nuanced portrayal in Life Is Sweet instead of Bette Midler's star turn in For the Boys …
- —Peter Travers
- Slater … delivers a surprisingly effective performance in this otherwise muddled thriller made before his attention-grabbing star turn in Heathers.
- —Ed Hulse
- … she would surely dump the bother of serving as Alaska's besieged governor for a lucrative star turn on Fox News.
- —Frank Rich
: an outstanding performance or prominent role in or contribution to something
- The fresh, soft, white Italian cheese called mascarpone is most famous for its star turn in tiramisu …
- —Jane Daniels Lear
- The football gods would return the favor early in the fourth quarter on a strangely similar play that bounced Indy's way, with center Jeff Saturday getting the star turn.
- —Michael Silver
: the featured skit or number in a theatrical production;
: the most outstanding or prominent person or thing in a group
- The star turn of a recent lunch in the plant-filled conservatory was a Goan curry—chunks of succulent chicken breast in a sauce the color of pesto, made with green chilies and coriander.
- —R. W. Apple, Jr.