stamp onphrasal verb
stamped on; stamping on; stamps on
Definition of stamp on
1 : to step heavily on (something) with one's foot She accidentally stamped on my toe.
2 : to end (something) in a forceful way The city council stamped on any efforts to build a liquor store.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game