someone's life depends on (something)idiom
Definition of someone's life depends on (something)
—used to say that something is very important or essential His life depends on how he answers this question.He was studying as if his life depended on it. —often used in negative statements I wouldn't eat that food if my life depended on it.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?