slip outphrasal verb
slipped out; slipping out; slips out
Definition of slip out
1 : to slide out The hammer slipped out of my hands.
2 : to leave a place without being noticed We'll slip out (through) the back door.
3 : to be said by mistake I didn't intend to tell them. It just slipped out.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game