Definition of silverline system
: a series of superficial lines in many protozoans that stain intensely with silver impregnation techniques and are variously regarded as supporting or coordinating organelles or as pellicular striations and sculpturings
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game