variants: or inter-system
Definition of intersystem
: occurring between or involving two or more systems intersystem solutions an inter-system link In a decision that largely affirmed the findings of Administrative Law Judge William Cowan, FERC addressed the general question of how fuel costs recovered from intersystem sales should be allocated through the fuel cost adjustment clause (FCAC) when the sales are market-based rate transactions.— Esther Whieldon Triplet excited-states in molecules and polymers are formed via intersystem crossing, which is a radiationless process from a singlet to a triplet state involving a spin flip of one of the electrons.— Catherine De Castro et al.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game