Definition of sicklebill
: any of various birds with a strongly curved bill: such as
b : any of several thrashers especially : california thrasher
c : a bird of paradise of the genus Drepanornis
d : a saberbill of the genus Campylorhamphus
e : any of several Hawaiian birds of the family Drepanididae and especially of the genus Drepanis
f : a South and Central American hummingbird of the genus Eutoxeres
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game